2017 Mid-Year Meeting Agenda

Monday, June 12

Time Description
9:00 am – 6:00 pm Registration Desk Open
9:00 am – 10:00 am Member Services – LIVE!
2:30 pm – 5:30 pm Member Services – LIVE!

Room Assignments Available through AgGateway Mobile Meeting App
11:30 am –12:50 pm First Time Attendees Orientation and Lunch (By Invitation Only)

First-time attendees to an AgGateway conference are welcome to attend this luncheon and orientation. Member leaders and staff will provide an overview of the conference program and answer questions. 

Speakers: Doug Mills, Marilyn Hunter
11:30 am – 12:50 pm Lunch on your own
1:00 pm – 2:20 pm Welcome and Opening Session

AgGateway formally kicks off the 2017 Mid-Year Meeting with a thought-provoking chat between Matt Carstens, Director of SUSTAIN for WinField, and Teddy Bekele, CIO of Land O’Lakes. They will discuss the explosion of data available to growers and the industry, and the ways in which that data can be converted into useful, actionable information for business value and customer retention.
  Speakers: Scott Meredith, Matt Carstens, Teddy Bekele
2:20 pm – 2:45 pm Refreshment Break
2:45 pm – 4:30 pm Ag Retail Council
  Ag Retail Council will continue discussions and action plans regarding the Pain Points Task Forces that were set up. These topics include: Getting the message to upper management, adaption of technology, challenging the council silos, and clear value statement with ROI.  Additional discussions will include involvement with other councils and the Ag Retail Education Forum.
  Speaker: Eric Hoefing
2:45 pm – 4:30 pm Grain and Feed Council (OPEN Session)
  Speakers: Phil Kubesh, Rich Adams
2:45 pm – 4:30 pm Crop Nutrition Council (OPEN Session)
  The Crop Nutrition Council will meet to review 855/856 Excel Mappings, demo the new value added calculator, staff and prioritize work for the VAT Working Group and refine the participation plan.
  Speaker: Tammy Creswell
2:45 pm – 4:30 pm SPADE - Implementation Guidelines (OPEN Session)
  Speaker:  Joe Tevis
4:40 pm – 6:15 pm Seed Council (OPEN Session)

The Seed Council will be showcasing the seed value calculator from both a retailer and a manufacturer perspective. We will be working on next steps to promote this calculator and how we get this out to increase connections of the current messages that exist.

Speaker: Ann Vande Lune
4:40 pm – 6:15 pm Specialty Chemical Council Planning Session (OPEN Session)
  The Specialty Chemical Council’s planning session will be focused on discussing the direction of our Council for the rest of 2017 with focus on the continued alignment with AgGateway’s strategic plan. Please come and help us determine the direction and priorities of the Specialty Chemical Council.
  Speaker: Carol Contino
4:40 pm – 6:15 pm Precision Ag Council (OPEN Session)
  The Precision Ag Council has focused on our pain point of data interoperability for the past few years. During this session, we will provide updates on the work of our council and continue our discussion of other pain points impacting our industry. Please come prepared to share pain points that the working group of the council can begin working on during their sessions throughout the week.
  Speakers: Jeremy Wilson, Ben Craker
6:30 pm – Dinner on your own

Tuesday, June 13

Time Description
7:00 am – 6:00 pm Registration Desk Open
7:30 am – 12:00 pm Member Services – LIVE!
1:00 pm – 5:30 pm Member Services – LIVE!

Room Assignments Available through AgGateway Mobile Meeting App
7:30 am –9:20 am Crop Protection Council (OPEN Session)

The Crop Protection Council will meet in special session to review current business rules applied to the Order to Invoice process, shipment and sales reporting processes. The goal is to define any needed changes to rules and begin outlining the conditions for implementation. Implementers with changed or new use cases should plan to attend this discussion.

Speaker: Lori Edwards
7:30 am –9:20 am Allied Providers Council (OPEN Session)

Come join the Allied Providers Council for a session filled with networking opportunities, updates on working activities, and information on tools to help your customers understand the value of AgGateway eConnectivity processes. Special guest Greg Erler will be sharing value calculators developed to assist companies in visualizing their costs and potential savings. We look forward to seeing you!

Speakers: Jody Costa, Steve Daigle, Greg Erler
7:30 am –9:20 am PAIL (Education or Closed Session)

Speaker: Andres Ferreyra

9:30 am – 10:00 am Refreshment Break – Refreshments between sessions - to keep your energy levels high!
10:00 am – 3:00 pm Strategic Board Meeting (Invitation Only; Lunch Included)
The AgGateway Strategic Board of Directors will meet to move forward on annual goals, receive updates on the activities and progress of the organization, and act on other business as needed.
  Speakers: Doug Mills, Doug Farrington
10:00 am – 11:50 am Ag Retail Connectivity Seminar Part 1
The Ag Retail Council presents a half day seminar on eConnectivity, what it is, why it matters, and how to implement it in order to save money, reduce risk, increase visibility and respond to changing market demands. Designed for senior decision makers, managers and executives in ag retail, this member-led and member-designed session will be informative and entertaining.
  Speakers: Jeremy Wilson, Jeff Griffeth, Randy Beard, Ann Vande Lune, Eric Hoefing, Randy Fry, Pat Johnson
10:00 am – 11:50 am Precision Ag - Communications Team (OPEN Session)

Speaker: Shannon Haringx
10:00 am – 11:50 am Specialty Chemical Council Business Session (OPEN Session)

Come get to know the Specialty Chemical Council and its members. This energetic group will be reviewing activities and accomplishments to date, reviewing the output of Monday’s planning session, and preparing to implement the ideas and plans developed there. You'll also get an opportunity to network with others in the segment and there will be a special spotlight on one participant! (Don’t worry - that person already knows who they are!)
  Speaker: Carol Contino
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Lunch on your own
1:10 pm – 2:50 pm Ag Retail Connectivity Seminar Part 2
  The Ag Retail Connectivity Forum continues after lunch with topics such as how to choose an implementation partner, considerations for adopting tools and services, and what pitfalls and perils to watch out for. Ag Retailers Association President Daren Coppock will close the day. Don’t miss out!
  Speakers: Eric Hoefing, Daren Coppock, Chuck Bohanon, Scott Meredith, Brian Gates
1:10 pm – 2:50 pm SPADE - Reference Data API Team (Closed Session)
  The Reference Data API team welcomes all comers to an educational program to start the session. The basics of the API concept and its application for agriculture will be reviewed. The second hour, limited to working team participants, is reserved for technical development on the API and related resources. Please see a session lead if you have questions about your participation.
  Speaker: Arren Mund
1:10 pm – 2:50 pm Education - Navigating the New Website and Wiki (OPEN Session)
  Want to know more about AgGateway’s primary communication and collaboration tools? Come and learn about the new website and where to find resources that help you communicate the value and activities of the organization. Check out the new wiki landing page and discover ways to share information for technical and business interests. Member Services hosts this informative session for all members.
  Speakers: Chris Crutchfield, Marilyn Hunter
3:00 pm – 3:30 pm Refreshment Break – Refreshments between sessions - to keep your energy levels high!
3:40 pm – 5:20 pm Operational Management Board (Closed Session)
  The Operational Management Board will meet to address management needs of AgGateway and plan for the remainder of 2017.
  Speakers: Jeff Griffeth, Stephanie Frazier
3:40 pm – 5:20 pm SPADE - Observations and Measurements (Closed Session)

AgGateway’s global interoperability efforts identified value in implementing an ISO 19156-based model of observations and measurements for agricultural field operations. This activity, as reflected in the PAIL, SPADE and ADAPT projects, emphasizes the explicit capture of the semantics of the various aspects of an observation. The work has been performed by a group of industry and academic AgGateway participants spanning four continents, and includes three major parts: defining a model of the properties of an observation; deploying infrastructure - specifically a RESTful API - that enables free distribution of the model; and incorporating the observation and measurement components into the ADAPT common model. This session will include group activities related to the three parts: first, discussion of componentization questions identified by the above-mentioned team; second, requirements-gathering regarding how an observations reference data API might be used, and how such usage might differ from that of other APIs (such as the ContextItem system); third, an introduction to Observations and Measurements usage in PAIL and ADAPT.

Speaker: Andres Ferreyra
3:40 pm – 5:20 pm Communications Committee (OPEN Session)
  Interested in what our message is and how we get our message out? The Communications Committee is the place for you! The team will be identifying content for the upcoming newsletters, reviewing the communications plan and marketing program. Special focus will be on the website analytics, social media strategy and tactics.
  Speakers: J Nolfo, Susan Ruland
5:30 pm – 7:00 pm Networking Cocktail Reception (OPEN Session)
  Join AgGateway participants for an evening reception. Meet members of the Strategic and Operational Boards; mingle with peers; find out what’s happened in the first half of our conference. This is a great opportunity to connect, learn and share, and always a valued part of our conference.
7:00 pm – Dinner on your own

Wednesday, June 14

Time Description
7:00 am – 6:00 pm Registration Desk Open
7:30 am – 12:00 pm Member Services – LIVE!
1:00 pm – 5:00 pm Member Services – LIVE!

Room Assignments Available through AgGateway Mobile Meeting App
7:30 am –9:20 am ADAPT Oversight Committee (OPEN Session)

The ADAPT Oversight Committee has been focused on clarifying how a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) can be implemented by FMIS companies. We intend to review the MVP scope and get feedback from companies that have been involved in the project. Progress has also been made on other aspects of helping to get adoption of the ADAPT framework in the industry (i.e., alignment on a protocol for managing breaking changes to the framework, defining roles and responsibilities for a future ADAPT Developer Evangelist position).

Speaker:  Mark Stelford
7:30 am –9:20 am Directory Oversight Committee (OPEN Session)

The Directory Oversight Committee meets to receive updates on enhancements to the AGIIS directory, evaluate member requests and prioritize work remaining for the end of the year. Meeting decisions are reserved to the voting membership of the DOC. All conference participants are welcome to attend, though participation may be limited by the chair.

Speakers: Dave Surber, Tiffany Brandenburg
7:30 am –9:20 am Membership Committee (OPEN Session)

The Membership Committee kicks off the second half of 2017 with new leadership, new goals and new opportunities to engage AgGateway participants. If you have interest in networking with peers, developing new leaders and building your own skills, we welcome your participation!

Speakers: Shane Snyder, Marilyn Hunter
7:30 am –9:20 am AgGateway Executive Committee (Closed Session)

Executive Session for AgGateway’s management to meet and address organizational business.

Speakers: Doug Mills, Wendy Smith 
9:30 am – 9:45 am Refreshment Break – Refreshments between sessions - to keep your energy levels high!
9:45 am – 11:35 am CART Product Working Session (Closed Session)
The CART product working group will meet to complete work on the business process model, data bucket definition, user story refinement and mapping of the content to AgXML messages already in use. A second session may be held informally on Wednesday evening.
  Speakers: Mary Tangen, Maria Spiker
9:45 am – 11:35 am Paperless Fertilizer Tonnage Reporting (PFTR) (OPEN Session)
The Paperless Fertilizer Tonnage Reporting working team will meet to review the state of standardized formats available for use by industry, states and service providers, and to discuss ways of gaining visibility and acceptance among stakeholders. The session is open to anyone with interest.
  Speakers: Brent Kemp, Pat Johnson
9:45 am – 10:45 am PA - Insurance, Regulatory and Government Affairs; SPADE Regulatory Reporting (OPEN Session)

The IRG/Regulatory Reporting session will cover the following topics: Current state of cooperation between AgGateway and the USDA; the identification of government agencies that impact the industry of agriculture and associated pain points; the development and purpose of ContextItems and the Controlled Vocabulary Working Group; identification of required government reports and associated terms/definitions and their association with ContextItems and Controlled Vocabulary; and alignment of IRG/Regulatory Reporting work product with ADAPT. The IRG/Regulatory Reporting session is open to anyone who is interested.
  Speaker: Dennis Daggett
10:45 am – 11:35 am PA - Telematics Working Group (OPEN Session)

Speaker: Ben Craker
11:40 am – 12:50 pm Networking Luncheon
1:00 pm – 2:50 pm Standards and Guidelines Committee (OPEN Session)
  Speakers: Rob Kovalsky, Jim Wilson
1:00 pm – 2:50 pm Seed Council Synchronization Session
  Speakers: Ann Vande Lune, Josh Wall, Greg Erler
The Seed Council will be reviewing synchronization best practices with AGIIS and with trading partners, and begin discussion on council implementation plans. Other tools such as the value calculator may also be reviewed.
1:10 pm – 2:50 pm Crop Protection Council - Business Rule Review (OPEN Session)
  The Crop Protection Council meets in its general business session to review pain points identified by member survey responses, review progress and prioritize remaining efforts on the 2017-2018 plan goals, and receive updates from working teams.
  Speaker: Lori Edwards
1:10 pm – 2:50 pm Alternate Project and Funding Model Working Group (Invitation Only)
  AgGateway members will be identifying and discussing new ways to get work done - how to organize, speed time to release, and fund activities. The meeting is closed to all but invited participants.
  Speaker: Wendy Smith
2:50 pm – 3:20 pm Refreshment Break – Refreshments between sessions - to keep your energy levels high!
3:30 pm – 5:00 pm AIDC Team (OPEN Session)
  During the AIDC session we will showcase the recent video that was created and produced by the AIDC Task Force.  Randy Fry will be leading a discussion on utilization of this video across councils to promote eAgriculture. If you want to know how to sell the value of connectivity internally or with your trading partners, this session is for you!
  Speakers: Jim Wilson, Randy Fry
3:30 pm – 5:00 pm Precision Ag - Remote Sensing Working Group (OPEN Session)

The Remote Sensing Working Group will meet to discuss the Post-Image Collection Specification activities. This effort is designed to designate minimum technical requirements for consuming images in an FMIS system.

Speaker: Nick Morrow
3:30 pm – 5:00 pm Council Leadership Forum (Closed Session)
  Council leadership (chairs, vice chairs and vice chair-elects) have the opportunity to meet and share successes and strategies in this session. Although the session is open, participation will be limited to council leaders and their designees.
  Speaker: Brent Kemp
3:30 pm – 5:00 pm Data Privacy and Security Committee (OPEN Session)
  Speaker: Jessica Trites-Rolle
5:05 pm – 6:00 pm Conference Update Session
  Come find out about the good work done this week by councils and hear from some of our guests as we close out the 2017 AgGateway Mid-Year Meeting.
  Speakers: Scott Meredith, Doug Mills
6:00 pm – 7:00 pm Dinner on your own

Thursday, June 15

Time Description
7:00 am – 1:00 pm Registration Desk Open
7:30 am – 11:00 am Member Services – LIVE!

Room Assignments Available through AgGateway Mobile Meeting App
8:00 am –9:30 pm Architecture Committee (OPEN Session)

The Architecture Committee will meet to review working team updates in respect to WSDL implementation guidelines, certificate documentation, OAuth.OIDC Best Practices, and OAG updates. A discussion on Testing Controlled Vocabulary will also take place.

SpeakersScott Nieman, Mike Carrabine
9:30 am – 10:00 am Refreshment Break
10:00 am – 12:00 pm Conference Committee (OPEN Session)

The AgGateway Conference Committee will meet as the closing session for our Mid Year Meeting, reviewing on-site feedback and preparing for the attendee survey launch. We’ll be making initial recommendations about MYM 2018, and prepping for a revised annual conference format. Come join the group!
  Speakers: Scott Meredith, Julie Benick
12:00 pm  Conference Adjourns
  Thanks for attending the 2017 AgGateway Mid Year Meeting. Be on the lookout for the conference survey. We look forward to seeing you in San Diego in November!